Staff Employee Association Educational Scholarship
This SEA scholarship is to financially assist any SEA member attending USU with a degree completion goal. This is a one-time awarding of $1,000 to be split over two consecutive semesters of attendance.
To be considered for the Educational Scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a current benefit eligible employee, working 75% - 100% time.
- Be either admitted as a current or future student at USU for the 2018-19 academic year.
- Both undergraduate and graduate students may apply.
- Must maintain a 2.0 GPA as an undergraduate student or a 3.0 GPA as graduate student.
- Must be enrolled in at least 6 credits as an undergraduate student or 5 credits as a graduate student for the 2018-19 two consecutive semesters.
Complete Application: Staff Employee Association Educational Scholarship Application (available from 12/1/2017 to 3/30/2018):
Staff Employee Association Professional Development Scholarship
This SEA scholarship is an awarding to financially assist any SEA member, wishing to attend a conference or workshop. Purposes of this scholarship is to cover no more than ½ the cost of registration charges for the conference or workshop directed to the employee’s professional development up to $500, in conjunction with departmental funds.
To be considered for the Professional Development Scholarship, applicant must:
- Be a current benefit eligible employee working 75% - 100% time.
- Use the scholarship toward registration costs of a workshop or conference that will benefit them in their current employment at USU between July 1st, 2018 and June 30th, 2019.
- This scholarship must be used in conjunction with departmental funding, and should not exceed more than 1/2 the registration cost.
- This scholarship should not be used for travel, lodging or food expenses.
- The award may happen before the event, but we will need a receipt/proof of registration in order to transfer the funds to the employee’s department.
Complete Application: Staff Employee Association PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT Scholarship Application (available from 12/1/2017 to 3/30/2018)
- The application period for both applications is from December 1st to March 30th of each year.
- Completed applications must be submitted prior to 11:59 P.M., through the respective websites. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- SEA Educational scholarships recipients will be selected based on their financial need, GPA, and statement of professional/academic goals.
- Please allow 30 days from the last day of submission for a decision to be made. The funds will be processed and will appear in the employee-student account before the tuition and fee deadline for the respective semester.
- The awardees will be notified by email and announced in the SEA annual luncheon.
Donate to the Scholarship & Endowment Fund
Our goal is to award more money to more employees, but we need your help! Sign up to contribute through payroll deduction by filling out your donation form today. If all employees were to donate just $1per month/$12 yr., we would increase our awarding capabilities by approximately $4,000, and more scholarships could be awarded to more employees.